ranked UNO third in the nation for providing equal access to higher education for students from all income levels.
Over $41 million dollars in financial aid and scholarships are awarded annually to UNO students. Financial assistance is awarded to nearly 77% of our students.
For six straight years, UNO has appeared on U.S. News & World Report’s least debt list (schools whose graduates have the least amount of debt) among national universities.
UNO faculty represent a talented group of individuals with exceptional academic and professional credentials. Over 80% of full-time instructional faculty hold the doctorate or terminal degree in their field.
UNO students, faculty and alumni perform on more stages at the New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival on an annual basis than representatives from any other college or university.
In 2015, UNO marked the 40th year of its study-abroad collaboration with the University of Innsbruck in Austria. During that time more than 10,000 students have participated in the program.
We are ranked among the top 1,000 universities in the world and the top 200 in the United States, according to the Center for World University Rankings.
UNO alumni have the highest average early-career salaries among graduates of all Louisiana universities, according to a 2016 Payscale.com report.
Innovative application of high impact educational practices at the University of New Orleans has earned the University recognition among the nation’s Colleges of Distinction, a national guide that highlights exceptional learning opportunities at top schools. UNO is the only public institution in Louisiana to be named a College of Distinction.
- Our Master’s degree program in hotel, restaurant and tourism administration has a 100 percent industry-specific job placement rate over the history of the program. UNO now offers a completely online executive master's degree in hospitality and tourism management.
- The information assurance concentration within the computer science department has certifications from the National Security Agency and the Department of Homeland Security
- The School of Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering is the only one in the region and one of only several in the nation.
- The Department of Planning and Urban Studies offers the only master’s degree in urban planning in the state.
- The College of Liberal Arts, Education and Human Development has prepared more educational personnel in the metro New Orleans area than any other institution.
- UNO offers the only civil engineering, electrical engineering and mechanical engineering programs in the New Orleans area.
- UNO's Center for Hazards Assessment, Response and Technology is the only university research center in the country that focuses on hazard mitigation.